All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of Thai: An Essential Grammar provides an up-to-date and concise reference guide to Thai grammar. Using clear, jargon-free explanations, it sets out the complexities of Thai in short, readable sections and presents an accessible description of the language. Focus is kept on the real patterns of use today and grammar forms are demonstrated through a wide range of relevant examples. No prior kwledge is assumed on the part of the reader. Features include: * Coverage of crucial topics, such as sentence particles, negation, questions and quantification * Examples given in both Thai script and romanised transliteration * Pronunciation section * Guidance on speech conventions and the Thai writing system * Glossary of grammatical terms * Two appendices covering Romanisation systems and three key verbs * Bibliography This unique reference work will prove invaluable to all learners looking to master the grammar of Thai. It is ideal either for independent study or for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
- Author BiographyDavid Smyth is Senior Lecturer in Thai at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.
- Author(s)David Smyth
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleRoutledge Essential Grammars
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.