All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the temples of Thailand many centuries ago, a dynamic bodywork therapy based on yoga, ayurveda, and the martial arts was born. In this unique healing system of Thai Yoga Massage, the practitioner guides the recipient through a series of yoga postures while palming and thumbing along the body's energy lines and pressure points. Together these actions result in a treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system, and balances the body energetically. In this paperback edition of Thai Yoga Massage,Kam Thye Chow t only leads readers through every aspect of this ancient bodywork therapy using more than 125 detailed, step-by-step photographs, but he also demonstrates the techniques for performing a one-hour massage in the accompanying DVD. Kam Thye Chow is one of the world's foremost practitioners and has taught massage in Thailand and throughout Europe and North America. With this text and DVD set, his personal training is w available for those who wish to see the techniques demonstrated live as a complement to the points discussed in the text.
- Author BiographyKam Thye Chow is one of the world's foremost practitioners and has taught massage in Thailand and throughout Europe and North America. He is the author of Tai Chi Chuan: Mindfulness in Motion and his writings also have been featured in Massage Magazine, Bodywork, and other healing arts journals. He is the founder and director of the Lotus Palm School in Montreal.
- Author(s)Kam Thye Chow
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication09/03/2004
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note144 b&w photographs and 49 b&w illustrations
- Weight469 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementPaperback Edition with DVD
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.