All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThe traditional healings arts of Ayurveda and Thai Yoga Massage have a deep and integrated relationship that provides an unparalleled modality for restoring body, mind, and spirit. Although it originated in India, over the centuries Ayurveda has been assimilated into the predominant Thai culture and has evolved into a distinctive folk medicine. With the growing popularity of Ayurveda and Thai Yoga Massage, there is a renewed interest in reuniting these practices into a powerful therapeutic alliance. Thai Yoga Therapy For Your Body Types bridges the practice of Thai Yoga Massage with its ancient Ayurvedic roots to offer a complete and holistic healing modality. The authors first explain in detail the fundamental principles of Ayurveda and then recommend daily practices for each of the three main body types vatta, pitta, and kapha. Practitioners learn how to customize their work with the appropriate massage approach, recommended yoga asanas, breathing techniques, and diet and lifestyle tips. More than 50 illustrated, full-body Thai Yoga Massage postures are presented as well as massage flow for each body type. The authors indicate the Ayurvedic benefits of each posture and detail any precautions that should be followed in this dynamic practice of transformative healing.
- Author BiographyKam Thye Chow, author of Thai Yoga Massage and Tai Chi Chuan: Mindfulness in Motion, is the founder and director of the Lotus Palm School in Montreal. Emily Moody is an Ayurvedic educator, yoga teacher, and teacher for the Lotus Palm School and has worked closely with Kam Thye since 1999.
- Author(s)Emily Moody,Kam Thye Chow
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication27/07/2006
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note152 b&w illustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.