All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA completely new Trail Guide dedicated to the London section of the Thames Path from Hampton Court to the Thames Barrier. Until w, Aurum's popular one-volume Thames Path guide has had all too little room to cover the endlessly rich array of sights and history along its London section - something to look at literally every yard of the way. Now, Aurum publishes a completely new walker's guide just to the London Thames, laid out to its new full-colour Trail Guide design, and including the extension to Crayford . Here is all the history along the river from the Mesolithic Period timber piles near Vauxhall Bridge to the new Shard skyscraper shooting skywards at London Bridge. It covers all the folklore from the famous frost fairs to the much-lamented beach near Tower Bridge, t forgetting the poignant recent visit of a large whale to the centre of London. The Thames winds all the way through London's history and culture, from Henry VIII's Hampton Court to the chequered fate of the Dome/O2: the London resident as much as the visiting tourist will find in this guide something new every step of the way.
- Author BiographyPHOEBE CLAPHAM is a commissioning editor at Yale University Press in London, where she lives.
- Author(s)Phoebe Clapham
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleNational Trail Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Content Note1 colour illustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementRe-issue
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.