All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'An enchanting book...poignant and passionate.' Geographical 'A captivating and absorbing account.' Sir David Attenborough Madagascar is one of the world's natural jewels, with over ninety per cent of its wildlife found where else on Earth. Few people knew it better than the pioneering primatologist and conservationist, Alison Jolly. Thank You, Madagascar is her eyewitness account of the extraordinary biodiversity of the island, and the environment of its people. At the book's heart is a conflict between three different views of nature. Is the extraordinary forest treasure-house of Madagascar a heritage for the entire world? Is it a legacy of the forest dwellers' ancestors, bequeathed to serve the needs of their living descendants? Or is it an ecomic resource to be pillaged for short-term gain and to be preserved only to deliver benefits for those with political power? Exploring and questioning these different views, this is a beautifully written diary and a tribute to Madagascar.
- Author BiographyAlison Jolly (May 9, 1937-February 6, 2014) was a world renowned primatologist known for her studies of lemur biology. She wrote for both popular and scientific audiences and conducted extensive fieldwork on lemurs in Madagascar.
- Author(s)Alison Jolly
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Note59, 62 colour plates, Colour photographs
- Weight880 g
- Width158 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine158 mm
- Introduction byDoctor Margaretta Jolly
- Foreword byHilary Bradt
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.