All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThat Beautiful Little Post reveals the colorful history of the frontier military outpost at Fort Missoula. The fort played a crucial role during the Nez Perce war of 1877, and was also home to the 25th Infantry Bicycle Corps during the late 1890s, as well as the Alien Detention Center where Italian and Japanese citizens were imprisoned from 1941 to 1944. Fort Missoula was the largest district headquarters of the Civilian Conservation Corps during the 1930s, and became an Army Disciplinary Barracks at the end of World War II. Although the military presence has w ended, Fort Missoula has been transformed into a treasured community asset and tourist attraction that is home to museums, parks, golf courses, public agencies, and n-profit groups.
- Author(s)Gary Gary
- PublisherBig Elk Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBig Elk Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.