All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Fiction and the Thomas Wolfe Memorial Literary Prize. A new Southern gothic thriller from the winner of the 2012 Willie Morris Award for Southern Fiction. In the Summer of 1866, Jacob Ballard, a former Union soldier and spy, is dispatched by the War Department in Washington City to infiltrate the isolated North Carolina mountain community where he was born and find the serial killer responsible for the deaths of Union veterans. Based on true events, That Bright Land is the story of a violent and fragile nation in the wake of the Civil War and a man who must exorcise his own savage demons while tracking down ather.
- Author BiographyTerry Roberts' direct ancestors have lived in the mountains of Western North Carolina since the time of the Revolutionary War. Steven Roberts, during the early 1900's, was the proprietor of the Mountain Park Hotel in the town of Hot Springs in Madison County, North Carolina. Julius and Belva Anderson Roberts lived and farmed near Hot Springs in Anderson Cove. Born in Asheville and raised in Weaverville, North Carolina, Roberts is the Director of the National Paideia Center and lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina with his family. His debut novel, A Short Time To Stay Here, won the Willie Morris award for southern fiction.
- Author(s)Terry Roberts
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.