All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionFrom one of the writers of the twentieth-century Native American Literary Renaissance comes a remarkable tale about how to ackwledge the past and take a chance on the future. Rooted in tribal-world consciousness, That Guy Wolf Dancing is the story of a young tribal wolf-man becoming a part of his t-sonatural world of n-tribal people. Twenty-something Philip Big Pipe disappears from an unsettled life he can hardly tolerate and ends up in an off-reservation town. When he leaves, he doesn't tell anyone where he is going or what his plans, if he has any, might be. Having never taken himself too seriously, he w faces a world that feels very foreign to him. As he struggles to adapt to the modern universe, Philip, ever a wolf dancer, must improvise, this time to a sound others provide for him. Like the wolf, Philip sometimes feels hunted, outrun, verging on extinction. Only by moving rhythmically in a dissident, dangerous, and iconic world can Philip Big Pipe let go of the past and craft a new future.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Cook-Lynn is a member of the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe, Fort Thompson, and lives in the Black Hills of South Dakota, USA. Since her retirement from Eastern Washington University, she has been a Visiting Professor and Consultant in Native American Studies at the University of California at Davis and at Arizona State University at Tempe,, USA as well as a writer-in-residence at several universities.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Cook-Lynn
- PublisherMichigan State University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleAmerican Indian Studies Series
- Place of PublicationEast Lansing, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichigan State University Press
- Out-of-print date16/04/2015
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.