All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlayful, penetrating, and often operating by aural law, the poems in That Our Eyes Be Rigged take shape as one word quickly transforms into ather via sonic slippages. These fluid transformations simultaneously reveal the worlds within a word and build correspondences between unlikely terms-highlighting the very tion of exchange between the linguistic and the physical realm. Maxwell's poems are both generous and demanding. While the operating intelligence behind the poems incessantly questions how one makes a life in language (and vice versa), the poems themselves enact arrangements that might make such pathways possible. These restless and inventive poems provide feats of language that lead us to agree with Maxwell's speaker when she says: Our awe is our confession.
- Author BiographyKRISTI MAXWELL is the author of Realm Sixty-Four (2008), Hush Sessions (Saturnalia, 2009) and Re- (2011). Her honors include the Greta Wrolstad Scholarship for Young Poets through the Summer Literary Seminars, the Phyllis Smart-Young Prize in Poetry, and the Margaret Sterling Memorial Award.
- Author(s)Kristi Maxwell
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaturnalia Books
- Weight95 g
- Width148 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.