All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor teachers who feel alone with the challenges they face, this is the book for you. For instructional coaches who are stuck and unsure where to lead, this book will show the way. It will help you work through the tricky parts, negotiate the roadblocks and think through to the future. - Cris Tovani Twenty-five years after Donald Graves popularized workshop teaching, the concept is widely implemented but t always deeply understood. That Workshop Book changes all that. It shows a new generation of teachers how the systems, structures, routines, and rituals that support successful workshops combine with thinking, planning, and conferring to drive students' growth, inform assessment and instruction, and increase teacher's professional satisfaction. And it shows those already using the workshop how to increase its instructional power by seeing its big ideas and its component parts in fresh, dynamic ways. In That Workshop Book, Samantha Bennett, a veteran instructional coach, takes you on a tour of six classrooms from first grade through eighth grade to see the techniques and thought processes master teachers use to make their workshops work. In each class she offers tangible evidence of these teachers' practices, demonstrating how they listen to students and use that information to build lessons that propel children into deeper thinking. She documents these teachers' moves for you with:
- classroom observations in the form of coaching emails from Bennett to each with commentary that highlights the important practices seen in each workshop
- transcripts of minilessons, worktimes, and debriefs
- specific, explicit reflection by each teacher about their workshop
- examples of student work produced in the workshop and over time
- student reflections on their development as readers, writers, thinkers, and learners.
- Author(s)Samantha Bennett
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication11/09/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.