All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionContrasting a selection of 45 archive images alongside full-colour modern photographs, this book traces some of the changes and developments that have taken place in the historic town of Thatcham during the last century. Accompanied by detailed and informative captions, these intriguing photographs reveal changing modes of fashion and transportation, shops and businesses, houses and public buildings, and, of course, some of the local people who once lived and worked in the area. Thatcham Then & Now will delight all local historians and will awaken stalgic memories for all who kw this Berkshire town.
- Author BiographyNick Young is a freelance web developer/IT Consultant and a passionate local historian. He is chairman of the Thactham Historical Society, of which he has been a member for 10 years, and also runs the website, and produces their journal and newsletter. He regularly gives talks to various groups. He lives in Thatcham, Berkshire.
- Author(s)Dr. Nick Young
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.