All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the boy takes on his first job, he does it simply for the pocket money. With early starts and difficult employers to contend with, life as a paper boy is t as simple as it seems. However, without realising it, he has taken his first step towards adulthood. Leaving his newspaper deliveries behind, he embarks on a series of very different professions. He experiences the ups and downs of working life and encounters a variety of people along the way. Although reasonably successful in his endeavours, he fails to find true fulfilment until he begins teaching. As he rises to greater positions of power, he begins to wonder if, finally, that's it ...
- Author BiographyBrian Thomas was born into a working class family. In the era of post-war austerity many young people felt obliged to contribute to the family income and for their own wellbeing. Money was short and pay was poor but at least work was plentiful and a secure career was possible. The future was bright and, often, fun.
- Author(s)Dr. Brian Thomas
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width198 mm
- Height129 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.