All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Art of Pricing , Rafi Mohammed gave readers advice on setting prices. In this essential follow up, he takes them to the next level, teaching them how to use price as a competitive strategy. A study of the Global 1200 found that if companies increased prices by just 1 percent, their average operating profits would increase by 11 percent. Using small incremental changes in price, Fortune 200 companies would see ermous growth in percentage of profit: Amazon, 40 percent; Aramark, 30 percent; Archer Daniels Midland, 19 percent; AMR, 68 percent; Boeing, 19 percent; Ingram Micro, 83 percent; McKesson, 82 percent; Wal Mart, 22 percent. Unfortunately, most companies have clue how to capitalise on the direct link between pricing and profits. But how do executives and managers set the right price? Underpinned by sound empirical research and real-life anecdotes The 1% Windfall addresses this fundamental question, offering guidelines any company-whether a multi-national conglomerate, a small business, or even a n-profit can follow to create a comprehensive pricing strategy for any product and service. In addition, these techniques and tools apply equally to offensive and defensive solutions whether a company wants to keep ahead of the competition, avert a slump in a recession, or offset the impact of inflation.
- Author BiographyRafi Mohammed has been working with pricing issues for the last twenty years. He is the founder of Culture of Profit LLC, a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based company that consults with businesses to help develop and improve their pricing strategy. Born in Milwaukee and raised in Cincinnati, he is the author of The Art of Pricing and an economics graduate of Boston University, the London School of Economics, and Cornell University, where he received his Ph.D.
- Author(s)Rafi Mohammed
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefigures
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.