All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe 10 Habits of Highly Successful Women is a collection of essays revealing the secret career habits and hard-won wisdom of a diverse group of accomplished women, selected by Rachel Sklar and Glynnis MacNicol, co-founders of TheLi.st, the well-kwn network dedicated to elevating professional women. Perhaps group has experienced more upheaval in the last few decades than working women. In this series, each woman explores the one key habit or lesson that has made the difference in forging her career and attaining professional success. Whether it's CNN personality Sally Kohn's exploration of emotional correctness or What Not To Wear's Stacy London on the wear and tear of our aspirational Culture of Extraordinary; why millennial Nisha Chittal won't tell you her age and what Cindy Gallop learned about sex while dating men half hers; how lessons from waitressing led Jenna Wortham to the New York Times or how Paula Froelich perfected the art of the controlled burn to start over after the end of a dream career-these essays uncover the challenges and delights of chasing, and finding, success in work and life as a professional woman.
- Author BiographyGlynnis MacNicol is a writer and co-founder of The Li.st. Previously she was the Media Editor at Business Insider and a founding editor of Mediaite.com. She contributes to Capital New York. During the 2008 election year she was a regular contributor to Playboy.com. Her work has also appeared in print and online for publications including Marie Claire, The Daily Beast, Outside, Macleans, and AOL Opinion. She began her media career as an associate editor at the Huffington Post media blog Eat the Press and as the editor of FishbowlNY. Before that she was a book publishing spy. Glynnis frequently speaks on the intersection of media and politics and has appeared on Fox News, MSNBC, NBC, CBC, Al Jazeera, and CNN's Reliable Sources. Rachel Sklar is a writer and social entrepreneur based in New York. She is the co-founder of Change The Ratio, which increases visibility and opportunity for women in tech and new media, and TheLi.st (supported by the Knight Foundation). A former lawyer who writes about media, politics, culture, and technology, she was a founding editor at Mediaite.com and the Huffington Post. She has written things on trees (e.g. New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Financial Times, National Post, Glamour, Elle) and online (e.g. The Daily Beast, Mother Jones, Politico, Mashable) and she speaks widely at conferences, events, and on TV. She is also a proud member of the Reboot, TED, and Summit communities and of the Lean In Foundation launch team. Rachel's other initiatives include founding Charitini, a social enterprise to facilitate group giving around events, and CTRComedy-an all-women comedy initiative that quadrupled the number of women performing comedy at SXSW in 2011 and 2012.
- Author(s)Glynnis MacNicol,Rachel Sklar
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.