The 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My Soul by Dave Bruno (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.45Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by themakeanddobookshop
- Est. delivery by 13 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2008, average, ordinary family guy Dave Bru decided to winw down everything he owned to merely 100 things and to unhook himself from the intraveus drip of consumerism that seemed to be fueling his life. Media around the world started taking immediate tice of Dave and the grass-roots movement he was starting. The culture of consumerism has created a continuous rushing to acquire ever more stuff, but without realising any gain in life satisfaction. The 100 Thing Challenge is meant to be a cause for pause. Dave Bru offers compelling anecdotes and practical advice readers can use to resist consumerism and live a more meaningful life. Each chapter introduces a theme and presents a conflict between that theme and the culture of consumerism. In addition to his own experience, Dave collects and shares the thoughts and experiences of others who are fighting consumerism in their lives. Each chapter concludes by describing in practical terms how an average person can resist consumerism in order to engage the theme in more spiritually and socially meaningful ways. The 100 Thing Challenge provides an opportunity for readers to consider how positive life changes can occur when an individual chooses to defiantly hop off the treadmill of consumerism and start living a saner and more satisfying life.
- Author BiographyDave Bruno is a successful entrepreneur who cofounded ChristianAudio and helped it become a leading publisher of audiobooks. He has an M.A. in Religion in American Life from Wheaton College. Dave is a native of San Diego, where he lives with his wife and three daughters. He loves every outdoor inch of California that he's ever hiked, biked, surfed, or seen. Dave's favorite of many household pets is his loyal mutt, Piper.
- Author(s)Dave Bruno
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication03/01/2011
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.