All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anymous (and other Anymous groups) with simple explanations and full color artwork. All of the pictures, paintings, drawings, and crafts are from the creative mind of a then 7 year old girl from New Jersey. Her daddy has been clean & sober since January 31, 2008 and has worked these Steps and still does...One Day At A Time!
- Author BiographySteven Adelman was born November 16, 1968 in Hillsdale, New Jersey the youngest of four children. He accidentally started a house fire at the young age of five resulting in being diagnosed prematurely as mentally ill. This increased his feelings of being out of place, not fitting in, being defective, and resulted in low self-esteem, getting teased, bullied, and having problems in school until being labeled as Emotionally Disturbed and being placed into 'Special Ed'. This escalated into trouble with the law, neighbors, friends, family, and himself. Years of alcoholism, marijuana addiction, and other drug abuse eventually lead to isolation, depression, and despair. There seemed to be nothing left before reaching near suicide around January 31, 2008. This was soon before entering an outpatient rehab to first become (and remain) sober, clean, and working the 12 steps to recovery. His first book, Honest Open Willing...My Journey From Despair To Hope was published in an attempt to show the public that people with addictions, mental illnesses, and different problems need understanding and support. Steven Adelman continues trying to carry the message as a way of expressing gratitude. If others can identify with him then maybe they will know they are not alone and that there is hope for them too!
- Author(s)Steven R Adelman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jessie Sara Adelman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.