Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first complete history of the American Air Service's 147th Aero Squadron in World War I and provides, at last, an understanding of the role of this least kwn unit of the 1st Pursuit Group. This detailed account tells how various individuals responded as volunteers, describes the trials of training in Texas and Canada, explains the often igred problems of transporting across the Atlantic and English Channel, and then reveals the thrilling, frustrating, and heroic combat actions of the 147th over the Western Front up to the Armistice.
- Author BiographyJack Stokes Ballard, a career United States Air Force officer and former history instructor at the United States Air Force Academy, has written several aviation histories. His PhD in history is from UCLA. Dr. James John Parks, author of No Greater Love: The Story of Lt. Wilbert W. White (Over the Front Quarterly), knew a number of World War I aviators and established the Lafayette Foundation Museum and Archive in Denver, Colorado.
- Author(s)Jack Stokes Ballard
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note128 images
- Weight1900 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.