All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens if both the president and vice-president-elect die before taking the oath of office? The answer is far from certain in fact, what follows would be thing short of total political chaos.Shot down over Siberia, ex-Justice Department agent Cotton Malone is forced into a fight for survival against Aleksandr Zorin, a man whose loyalty to the former Soviet Union has festered for decades into an intense hatred of the United States.Before escaping, Malone learns that Zorin and ather ex-KGB officer, this one a sleeper still embedded in the West, are headed overseas to Washington D.C. Noon on January 20th Inauguration Day is only hours away. A flaw in the Constitution, and an even more flawed presidential succession act, have opened the door to disaster and Zorin intends to exploit both weaknesses to their fullest. Armed with a weapon leftover from the Cold War, one long thought to be just a myth, Zorin plans to attack. He s aided by a shocking secret hidden in the archives of America s oldest fraternal organization the Society of Cincinnati a group that once lent out its military savvy to presidents, including helping to formulate three invasion plans of what was intended to be America s 14th colony Canada. In a race against the clock that starts in the frozen extremes of Russia and ultimately ends at the White House itself, Malone must t only battle Zorin, he must also confront a crippling fear that he s long denied, but which w jeopardizes everything. Steve Berry s trademark mix of history and speculation is all here in this provocative new thriller.
- Author BiographySTEVE BERRY is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of more than ten Cotton Malone novels, and several standalones. He has 21 million books in print, translated into 40 languages. With his wife, Elizabeth, he is the founder of History Matters, which is dedicated to historical preservation. He serves as a member of the Smithsonian Libraries Advisory Board and was a founding member of International Thriller Writers, formerly serving as its co-president.
- Author(s)Steve Berry
- PublisherMinotaur Books
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleCotton Malone
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinotaur Books
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.