All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the Battle of Gettysburg is often remembered for Chamberlain's dramatic defense of Little Round Top, Pickett and Pettigrew's tragic charge, and the stand of the 'Iron Brigade', less-remembered units like the 151st Pennsylvania were also crucial in the Civil War's most famous battle. Relatively untried, and near the end of its nine-month term of service, the 151st netheless suffered greatly and served bravely in important actions against Pettigrew's North Carolinians on July 1, and was involved in repulsing the famous Confederate charge two days later. During the course of the battle, the 151st lost over 72 percent of its men to death, wounds, or capture, the second-highest-percentage loss of all Federal units at the battle. This is the account of that courageous and often overlooked unit and its role in this decisive moment in American history. The foreword is by ted Gettysburg scholar Timothy H. Smith. Also included are an index, bibliography, and photographs and other illustrations, including maps.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Dreese is the author of five books and numerous journal articles on topics including Pennsylvania and the American Civil War. An award-winning photographer, he is the president of the Friends and Descendants of the 151st Pennsylvania, and vice-president of the Susquehanna Civil War Round Table. He lives in Kreamer, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Michael A. Dreese
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note62 photos, maps, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight345 g
- Width177 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byTimothy H. Smith
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.