All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionArizona Senator Barry Goldwater was a staunch conservative more interested in advancing the conservative cause than running for president. A Draft Goldwater campaign three years in the making catapulted him to the Republican mination in 1964, despite bitter opposition within the party. He was defeated in a landslide by Lyndon Johnson but the right had established itself as a reinvigorated force in the years to come. This is the story of the 1964 Republican convention and the beginnings of the modern conservative movement.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Skipper, a political reporter for the Mason City (Iowa) Globe Gazette, has written numerous books on politics and baseball, including The Iowa Caucuses and acclaimed biographies of Grover Cleveland Alexander, Dazzy Vance and Charlie Gehringer.
- Author(s)John C. Skipper
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.