All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis set joins previously published Salem sets on the Twenties, Thirties, Forties, Fifties, Sixties, Seventies, Eighties, and Nineties, which have been acclaimed as effective teaching aids that enable students to grasp quickly significant aspects of each decade's history. Written to be understood by high school students and college undergraduates, The 2000s in America offers a clear and invative approach to North America during the 2000s that can also be used by advanced students and scholars. The set covers the full breadth of North American history and culture in 424 alphabetically arranged and easy-to-understand articles and also offers such helpful finding aids as end-of-article cross-references and a category index. SCOPE AND COVERAGE This illustrated three-volume encyclopaedia is a welcome addition to Salem's award-winning Decades series. It covers events, movements, people, trends in popular culture, literature, art, sports, science, techlogy, ecomics, and politics in both the United States and Canada. The 2000s in America features long overviews and short entries discussing people and companies; books, films, and plays; products and techlogical advances; elections and political movements, and other important topics representative of that era. Every entry focuses on the topic or person during the 2000s-for this work, defined as January, 1, 2000, through December 31, 2009-in order to explore what made the decade unique. Topics that span several decades often provide some background and information on subsequent events to help place the aughties in perspective. Written with the needs of students and general readers in mind, The 2000s in America presents clear discussions of its topics, explaining terms and references that may be unfamiliar. Entries fall into the following general categories: arts and architecture, business and ecomics, crime and the law, disasters and events, film and television, health and medicine, military and war, politics and government, science and techlogy, sexuality, social issues, and sports and popular culture.
- Author BiographyCraig Belanger is Professor of Technology Studies, University of Advanced Technology, USA.
- PublisherEBSCO Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Decades in America
- Place of PublicationIpswich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEBSCO Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2654 g
- Width269 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine86 mm
- Edited byCraig Belanger
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.