All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- Description(Schirmer Performance Editions). The 20th Century series presents music by some of the greatest composers of the modern era, composers who wrote a full range of music for orchestra, voices, pia and chamber ensembles, in the great and large forms. But they also valued music education, and composed interesting music to foster a stdent pianist's progress. The pieces by these composers lead a student t only to technical proficiency, but also to become a more fully formed, imaginative musician. When a great talent turns attention to writing a short piece of limited difficulty level for students, it is approached with the same aesthetics, temperament, tastes and creative invention applied when composing a symphony, opera or concerto. These exquisite miniatures are complete works of timeless art. Through them a master musician of the past indirectly teaches a progressing musician of the present and the future. Contents: Barber: Poison Ivy from Fresh from West Chester (Some Jazzings) * Bartok: Bagatelle No. 1 from Fourteen Bagatelles * Bear Dance from Ten Easy Pieces * Joc cu bata (Stick Dance) from Roumanian Folk Dances * Boulanger: D'un vieux jardin (An Old Garden) from Trois morceaux pour pia * Burleigh: On Bended Knees from From the Southland * Dello Joio: Bright from Suite for Pia * Kabalevsky: selections from 30 Pieces for Children, Op. 27: War Dance, Etude in F Major * Khachaturian: Ivan Is Very Busy from Adventures of Ivan * selections from Ten Pieces for the Young Pianist: The Leopard on the Seesaw, Snare Drum * Muczynski: selections from A Summer Journal, Op. 19: Morning Promenade, Park Scene * Pinto: Run, Run! from Scenas Infantas (Memories of Childhood) * Prokofiev: selections from Music for Children, Op. 65: Tarantella, March of the Grasshoppers * Schuman: selections from Three Score Set: Movement I, Movement II, Movement III * Shostakovich: Lyrical Waltz from Dances of the Dolls * Tan: selections from Eight Memories in Watercolor, Op. 1: Staccato Beans, Blue Nun. Schirmer Performance Editions feature composer biographies, historical tes, and practice and performance tips.
- PublisherG. Schirmer, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- LanguageEnglish &
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG. Schirmer, Inc.
- Weight272 g
- Width224 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRichard Walters
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.