All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the two thousand years of the history of the Christian Church, women have t always been given their rightful place in the hierarchy of Christian Churches. Even today, some major deminations do t allow women as priests or as other church officials. Also throughout the two thousand year history of the Christian Church, women have accomplishments similar to men (albeit in smaller numbers), and have served in roles such as abbesses, deminational leaders, reformers, Composers, Doctors of the Church, founders of orders/deminations, humanitarians, military leaders, visionaries/mystics, martyrs, and scholars. This book looks at 25 of these women, including Mother Teresa, Catherine of Siena, Saint Teresa of Avila, St. Clare of Assisi, Queen Elizabeth I, Aimee Semple McPherson, St. Bridget of Sweden, Fanny Crosby, St. Brigid of Ireland, and Joan of Arc.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Jones is President of the Kennesaw Historical Society, and a member of the Executive Board of the Kennesaw Museum Foundation. He is also an at-large member of the Civil War Roundtable of Cobb County (Georgia). He has written several books on Civil War and railroad themes, including Civil War Prison Camps: A Brief History, Famous Songs of the Civil War, Retracing the Route of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign and March to the Sea, The Battle of Griswoldville, The Fifteen Most Critical Moments of the Civil War, The Reading Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Pennsylvania Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Battle of Allatoona Pass, The Ten Best - and Worst - Generals of the Civil War, The Top 10 Innovations of the Civil War, Bleeding Kansas: The Real Start of the Civil War, The Top 20 Railroad Songs of All Time, The Top 25 Civil War Spies and Irregulars, The Top 20 Most Influential Leaders of the Civil War, The Top 25 Most Influential Women of the Civil War and The W&A, the General, and the Andrews Raid: A Brief History. Robert has also written several books on ghost towns in the Southwest, including Death Valley Ghost Towns - As They Appear Today, Ghost Towns of the Mojave National Preserve, Ghost Towns of Southern Arizona and New Mexico and Ghost Towns of Western Nevada. Another Western-themed book, The Top 10 Gunslingers and Lawmen of the Old West, was published in 2012. Robert C. Jones is an ordained elder in the Presbyterian Church. He has written and taught numerous adult Sunday School courses. He is also the author of books such as A Brief History of Protestantism in the United States, A Brief History of the Sacraments: Baptism and Communion, Heaven and Hell: In the Bible, the Apocrypha and the Dead Sea Scrolls, Meet the Apostles, Monks and Monasteries, The 25 Most Influential Books in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church, The 25 Most Influential People in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church, The Top 25 Misconceptions About Christianity, The 25 People Who Most Influenced the Music of Christianity and The Crusades and the Inquisition. In 2005, Robert co-authored a business-oriented book entitled Working Virtually: The Challenges of Virtual Teams. In 2013, Robert authored a book on World War I, entitled The Top 10 Innovations of World War I. Also in 2013, Robert published The Leo Beuerman Story: As Told by his Family.
- Author(s)Robert C Jones
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.