All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBob Lee Swagger has seen eugh of war and fighting for any man: his past as a Marine Corps sniper and later as a self-appointed avenger has been a bloody one. But the hope that he is finished with combat are dashed with a visit from Colonel Philip Ya. Ya has come to America to find a samurai sword that Bob's father took from Ya's dying father in the desperate battle for Iwo Jima in 1945. Ya believes the sword to be a national treasure, of huge political significance to whoever can get hold of it. Bob agrees to help and delivers the sword to Ya in Tokyo, but soon afterwards the Ya family are murdered, their house burned to the ground and the sword stolen. Dark forces are at work. With the aid of Ya's old comrades, Bob enters t only Tokyo's criminal underbelly, but also the violent, obsessive world of the Samurai. Once more he is on a mission of vengeance.
- Author BiographyStephen Hunter is the author of thirteen novels, one of which, Point of Impact, was adapted into the recent movie, Shooter. Chief film critic at The Washington Post, where he won the 2003 Pulitzer Prize, he has also published two collections of film criticisim and a nonfiction work. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author(s)Stephen Hunter
- Date of Publication07/08/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight197 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.