All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
About this product
- DescriptionSince end of WWII the major role played by the 5th Fighter Command in winning the war in the Pacific has been almost totally neglected. Wolf puts the air campaigns into strategic and tactical context, then breaks down every daily air battle into Fighter Groups and Squadrons using unit Narrative Combat Reports. Daily battles are then described by flights, elements, and individual pilots using over 9,000 newly released documents. Vol.1 describes the 5FC precursors in the Philippines, Java, and Australia and continues through Papua and New Guinea, and ends with the reduction of Rabaul in Nov.1943.
- Author BiographyDr. William Wolf has written fourteen books and numerous articles on World War II aviation combat and is an avid collector and historian, having over 22,000 World War II books and magazines, three miles of microfilm, and thousands of photos in his library, along with numerous pieces of World War II aviation memorabilia and aces' autographs.
- Author(s)William Wolf
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 650 color/bw images
- Weight2500 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.