All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 8,000 men served in the Fifth Marine Regiment during World War I and the occupation of Germany. Marine units were among the first to arrive in war-torn Europe in 1917, and sustained greater casualties than other American units. This book tells the human story of the Devil Dogs in World War I and the years following through the recollections of veterans recorded over the past century. The influenza epidemic that raged during the war is discussed. An antated roster of the regiment lists each Marine, with service details provided where kwn.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Minnesota, Michael A. Eggleston is a graduate of West Point and a 30 year Army veteran. Now retired, he lives in Nokesville, Virginia, USA.
- Author(s)Michael A. Eggleston
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note65 illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.