The 7 Step Diabetes Fitness Plan: Living Well and Being Fit with Diabetes, No Matter Your Weight by Anne Peter, Sheri Colberg-Ochs (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the 18.2 million Americans currently living with diabetes have been advised by their doctors, or other health-care providers, that weight loss is essential for them to control their condition and stay healthy. However, the vast majority of people fail miserably at dieting, ultimately regaining the pounds they manage to lose. The latest research confirms, though, that diabetic people do t have to lose significant amounts of body fat to be healthy. The 7 Step Diabetes Fitness Plan guides people step-by-step to achieve a healthy body despite having excess body fat and diabetes or pre-diabetes--primarily by becoming physically fit. With practical information and tips on physical fitness, blood sugar balance with physical activity, nutrition, nutritional supplements, emotional fitness, diabetic medications, motivation, and more, The 7 Step Diabetes Fitness Plan gives readers the kwledge they need to prevent, reverse, and control their diabetes through fitness--and to live a long, healthy life without the need for dieting and weight loss--making this the essential diabetes fitness resource.
- Author BiographySheri R. Colberg, PhD, is an exercise physiologist and associate professor of exercise science in the Exercise Science, Sport, Physical Education and Recreation Department at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia. Having earned a PhD from the University of California, Berkeley, she specializes in research in diabetes and exercise. She continues to conduct extensive clinical research specifically in type 2 diabetes and exercise with funding from the American Diabetes Association. She has also authored close to 50 research and educational articles on exercise and diabetes, as well as two books, The Diabetic Athlete (Human Kinetics, 2001) and Diabetes-Free Kids (Avery, June 2005). She lives in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Anne Peters, MD, author of Conquering Diabetes, is the Director of Clinical Diabetes Programs at the University of Southern California.
- Author(s)Anne Peter,Sheri Colberg-Ochs
- PublisherMarlowe & Co
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleMarlowe Diabetes Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlowe & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.