All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of a single football season, author Theron Hopkins travels from summer practice to a row of state championships, culminating in the Texas 5A state title game in San Antonio s Alamodome. On the way, he discovers a world wreathed with Friday night lights that offers a miraculous spectacle of hope and drama in such far-flung locales as Hillsborough, North Carolina, Valentine, Nebraska, and Sutter, California. He also finds that the blinding halogen glare is only a partand maybe t even the best partof what makes high school football so irresistible and so important to the people who watch it, coach it, and play it. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sportsbooks about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyTheron Hopkins is a high school English teacher in Colusa, California. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Theron Hopkins
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/09/2008
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight689 g
- Width162 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.