All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're either taking, or thinking of taking, vitamins or herbs along with your prescription and n-prescription medications, then you and your family must have this book! Millions of people, just like you, use both without kwing that some combinations are beneficial while some can be downright dangerous. Based on the information from Healthtes Online database, the A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions is written by a highly respected team of natural medicine experts --medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, and pharmacists-who have created a natural health information resource that is both comprehensive and user-friendly. The A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions helps you learn which drugs can deplete your body's essential nutrients; which supplements can help your prescriptions work better, or reduce drug side effects; and which herbs and drugs should never be taken together.Did you kw that: -Along with bad bacteria, antibiotics kill good bacteria that need to be replenished? -Birth control pills deplete the body's stores of folic acid? -Asian ginseng may help your flu vaccine work better? -Ginkgo can help reduce Prozac-induced sexual dysfunction? -Vitamin K can destroy the drug action of Warfarin(R)? The A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions is presented in a very clear and concise manner--making it accessible to both health professionals and consumers. It is an indispensable resource for people who take medications, as well as those who prescribe or dispense them--and it's especially useful for anyone concerned about nutrition and herbal therapies. It will be an essential resource on my bookshelf. --Joe Graden, MS, Author The Peoples' Pharmacy This comprehensive review of drug-nutrient interactions--by far the most exhaustive of its kind--is an invaluable tool for all consumers and professionals, integrating the worlds of conventional and alternative medicine. --Julian Whitaker, MD, Editor, Health & Healing newsletter The use of this excellent book can do so much to improve a person's general health and kwledge. Putting into practice the easy-to-use information in this book can help avoid many potential problems and can greatly increase good health and well-being. --James M. Brodsky, RPh, Instructor, University of Southern California College of PharmacyRecommended by the Today Show.
- Author(s)Schuyler W. Lininger
- PublisherPrima Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationRocklin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrima Publishing,U.S.
- Out-of-print date24/03/2012
- Weight1043 g
- Width216 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.