The A-Z Guide to Food as Medicine by Ara DerMarderosian, Diane Kraft (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $78.50+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan an apple a day keep the doctor away? The A-Z Guide to Food As Medicine addresses food folklore by exploring the scientific findings about physiological effects of over 250 foods, food groups, nutrients, and phytochemicals. Today, health care providers are fielding more questions from patients on how to help improve their nutritional health, which in turn can help to prevent disease. The guide is a dictionary-style reference intended for use by health care professionals to quickly and easily access information about the bioactive components in the foods and how diet can be manipulated for health benefits.
- Author BiographyDiane Woznicki Kraft, MS, RDN, LDN, is a biology instructor at Alvernia University in Reading, Pennsylvania and a clinical nutritionist. She holds a Master of Science degree in nutrition from New York University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition from Penn State University. She and her co-author created this handbook as a reference for health care professionals to access scientific findings on the health aspects of foods, food groups, nutrients, and phytochemicals to assist clients educationally on diet and nutrition. She has also authored consumer and professional articles on nutrition for The American Council on Science and Health and The American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. This is her first book. Ara DerMarderosian, PhD, is an emeritus professor of pharmacognosy and medicinal chemistry at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. DerMarderosian has authored several books on pharmacognosy topics, chapters in Remington's Pharmaceutical Sciences, and numerous scientific articles. He also served as editor and/or co-editor of The Review of Natural Products, a reference book on natural products addressing the botanical, historical, clinical, chemical, pharmacological, and toxicological aspects of natural products. He is the herbal and dietary supplement chapter author for several editions of The Merck Manual, and has spoken on nutrition and pharmacognosy topics to medical professionals for several decades.
- Author(s)Ara DerMarderosian,Diane Kraft
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note65 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.