All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
About this product
- DescriptionDo you remember what it was like when computers were new? When they seemed mysterious and exciting? Did you ever pass a grotty C15 tape around the schoolyard, or make a shop assistant quietly seethe as you asked them to load 'Manic Miner' on the computer? If you have ever had a magical garning moment - then The A-Z of Classic Computer Games is the book for you! Prepare to download a diverse and highly entertaining plethora of computational stalgia that includes sections on: The Computers: Looking back at the systems of yore from Acorn to the ZX Spectrum and assessing which consoles were corkers and which were just plain rubbish; The Games: From the banal ('Metagalactic Llamas Battle at the Edge of Time') to the anal ('Strip Poker'), all the most important and best-remembered titles will be lovingly recalled and humorously dissected; Amusement Arcades: The best games, the most frightening boys and the rules of engagement; and The Social Mores: Dads believing they should be the family expert, the parlance of pirated games, computer fads. Also included are: The Future: From Making The Most Of Your Micro to the hysteria about virtual reality - we will remember today how yesterday once thought tomorrow might look; and The Paraphernalia: Joysticks, tape boxes, manuals, computer characters, colour protection codes, TV ads, magazines and loads of other ancillary ephemera.
- Author BiographyJack Railton is the pen-name of Jack Kibble-White, who reviews and writes about popular culture for magazines, websites and television. He is the co-author of the book TV Cream: The Ultimate Guide to '70s and '80s Pop Culture.
- Author(s)Jack Railton
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication26/09/2005
- SubjectComputer Games: User Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Content Note16 page black & white plate section
- Weight508 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.