All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the mysterious 'throbbing' Hurtle Pot, one of the trio of sinister and murky water filled entrances to the subterranean Chapel-le-Dale cave system, to the legends of the saintly Saxon princess strangled with her own plaits, the hidden treasure guarded by a ferocious phantom chicken and the 'Devil's Mustard Mill' to name but a few, this plentifully illustrated, informative, amusing and definitely quirky compendium is bound to delight residents, visitors and the armchair explorer alike.
- Author BiographyBorn in London, Summer Strevens now lives and writes in Masham, a small market town in Wensleydale in the Yorkshire Dales. With an exuberantly insightful approach to the research and acquisition of original historical material, she has written several books, reflecting her passion for all aspects of antiquity, though her particular enthusiasm for the region that she now calls home is a predominant theme.
- Author(s)Summer Strevens
- PublisherSigma Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationWilmslow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSigma Leisure
- Content Note70 black and white illustrations
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.