All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book romps through the rolling countryside and along the shingled coastline of Suffolk, unearthing the curious along the way. Sandwiched between ecclesiastical penances handed down to adulterers and fornicators, and the odd porcelain incendiary bombs commemorating the Zeppelin raids, is an alphabetical cornucopia of strange, spooky and mysterious facts about the county. Is the supposedly ancient game of dwile flonking quite so old? What did writers like Pepys and Defoe say about Suffolk cheese? Which tower was probably just built to curry favour with the monarch? And who was the unkwn, self-taught archaeologist who made one of the most significant finds of all time? The A-Z of Curious Suffolk is a book to dip into, unless of course you can't wait to turn the page and read more!
- Author BiographySarah Doig has a postgraduate degree in librarianship and information studies, and is an independent historical and family researcher as well as a professional musician. Sarah is the chair of Quatrefoil, a group of local historians who have published a series of ten books about Suffolk villages.
- Author(s)Sarah E. Doig
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note65 black & white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.