All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe A-Z of Visual Ideas explains the key ideas, sources of inspiration and visual techniques that have been used throughout design history. Showing where ideas and inspiration come from, the book provides numerous strategies to help unlock the reader's creativity. Using a dynamic and easy-to-understand A-Z format, the book reveals techniques that can be exploited to deliver ideas with greater impact, each entry offering a different starting point. Looking at everything from, Art to Zeitgeist, Intuition and Instinct to Happy Accidents and Hidden Messages, the book also features a section explaining how to use the idea or technique, providing readers with an infallible 'tool kit' of inspiration. Including hundreds of inspirational quotes and packed with great examples of advertising campaigns, posters, book and magazine covers and illustrations, this is an indispensable primer that shows design students and professionals how to solve any creative brief.
- Author BiographyJohn Ingledew is Senior Lecturer in Photography at the University of Gloucestershire, where he holds a Teaching Fellowship. He has run projects and workshops with students in Europe, America, Japan and China and is the author of the Portfolio title Photography.
- Author(s)John Ingledew
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note350 colour illustrations
- Weight1040 g
- Width215 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine19 mm
Most relevant reviews
- nocafd19 Apr, 2016by
A great compendium of ideas that stimulate your own. Lots and lots of detail and pictures, so be prepared to sink into it thoroughly!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.