All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.72
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.31
About this product
- DescriptionWhile looking at my grand-daughter's books with her it occurred to me that here, at three years old, she can identify images which bear little resemblance to the actual creatures portrayed: whale, giraffe, ostrich, etc. At the zoo she recognizes the elephant, tiger, giraffe, etc. Why, I wondered, do children's books have such simplified renderings of animals? She may t be able to read the names, but she kws a giraffe is a giraffe. Her father is an avid birder and can barely wait to take her birding, so why t an alphabet book with realistic pictures of birds? Thus, The A to Z Book of Birds: An ABC for Young Bird Lovers -she will kw her birds before she kws her alphabet. I'm sure my grand-daughter is t the only three-year-old genius out there. This book is designed to be useful from age three to well beyond learning the alphabet, when the text, informative and entertaining, will continue to teach and the paintings a guide to identification in the field.
- Author BiographyStarting with the necessity of needing to find the birds to fit from a to z then painting the birds I researched as I went along and started writing the text for individual birds while still painting. I had an idea for the cover and sketched it out before finding the references to paint. The design and layout of the book was fairly routine once the format was established even though each page required it's own particular arrangement. This method was carried over for, 'The A to Z of weeds and other useful plants the next book in the series and both followed the, picture on left hand page facing associated text on the right hand page, a pretty standard format I had used first with, Magic Faces, Caras Magicas a collection of my Mexican mask paintings. Researching and writing my fiction is much the same in respect to how one digests the information gathered and the creative process of making the expression of the knowledge gained one's own.
- Author(s)Michael P Earney
- PublisherWorldwide Publishing Group
- Date of Publication18/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorldwide Publishing Group
- Weight181 g
- Width211 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.