All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWith a history spanning more than two and a half millennia and over 300 million adherents worldwide, Buddhism is one of humankind's most interesting and populous religions. This book provides a comprehensive framework for understanding Buddhism as a historically compelling religion. Because the study of Buddhism is a difficult task, including so many varied cultures, this volume seeks to assist the reader by providing a carefully designed pronunciation guide to Buddhist canical languages, an overview of the Buddhist scriptures preserved in Pali, Chinese, and Tibetan, a chrology of Buddhist history, a map of the Buddhist world, and an extensive introduction to the history, doctrine, and community life of the religion.
- Author BiographyCharles S. Prebish, Associate Professor of Religious Studies, Pennsylvania State, has published seven books and several dozen articles in such journals as History of Religions, Journal of the American Oriental Society, and Journal of Asian Studies. A past officer of the International Association of Buddhist Studies, he held the Numata Chair in Buddhist Studies in 1993 at the University of Calgary.
- Author(s)Charles S. Prebish
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2001
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe A to Z Guide Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.