All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive reference work covers all four forms of traditional Japanese theatre: , kyogen, bunraku, and kabuki. International tours by each have become commonplace, allowing audiences everywhere to broaden their understanding of theatre's possibilities, and inspiring artists to infuse their works with ideas sparked by Japanese theatre's conventions. Because of the great interest generated by increasing familiarity with these theatre traditions, along with a multitude of general and specialized publications investigating and describing them, there has developed a serious need for a work that allows for immediate access to specific information regarding many concepts, terms, and individuals. The A to Z of Japanese Traditional Theatre covers all four genres, providing information on nearly every aspect, including actors, theatres, companies, history, makeup, costumes, masks, biographies, theories, training, music, religion, criticism, and many more. This is done through hundreds of dictionary entries arranged alphabetically with abundant cross-references, a general introduction, a chrology, and a special glossary of all terms mentioned in the text but t provided with their own entries, all of which can be supplemented by consulting the most extensive bibliography of English-language Japanese theatre books, articles, and websites presently available.
- Author BiographySamuel L. Leiter, distinguished professor and chair of the Theater Department at Brooklyn College, CUNY, has published 22 books and served as editor of Asian Theatre Journal from 1992-2004.
- Author(s)Samuel L. Leiter
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleThe A to Z Guide Series
- Series Part/Volume Number180
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight740 g
- Width144 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.