All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionModern Chinese literature has been flourishing for over a century, with varying degrees of intensity and energy at different junctures of history and points of locale. An integral part of world literature from the moment it was born, it has been in constant dialogue with its counterparts from the rest of the world. As it has been challenged and enriched by external influences, it has contributed to the wealth of literary culture of the entire world. In terms of themes and styles, modern Chinese literature is rich and varied; from the revolutionary to the pastoral, from romanticism to feminism, from modernism to post-modernism, critical realism, psychological realism, socialist realism, and magical realism. Indeed, it encompasses a full range of ideological and aesthetic concerns. The A to Z of Modern Chinese Literature presents a broad perspective on the development and history of literature in modern China. It offers a chrology, introduction, bibliography, and over 300 cross-referenced dictionary entries on authors, literary and historical developments, trends, genres, and concepts that played a central role in the evolution of modern Chinese literature.
- Author BiographyLi-hua Ying is director of the Chinese and Japanese Program at Bard College. She is also the executive director of the Association of Shufa Calligraphy Education, an academic organization based in the United States.
- Author(s)Li-Hua Ying
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe A to Z Guide Series
- Series Part/Volume Number186
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight681 g
- Width142 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.