All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionA great deal has been written about the history of witchcraft, but much of what has been written is unreliable, exaggerated, or inaccurate. This problem is especially acute in regard to modern witchcraft, or Wicca, and its supposed connections to historical witchcraft in medieval and early modern Europe. The A to Z of Witchcraft provides a reliable reference source for both academics and general readers interested in the actual historical development of witchcraft in the western world.
- Author BiographyMichael D. Bailey is visiting assistant professor in the department of history at Iowa State University. He is the author of Battling Demons: Witchcraft, Heresy, and Reform in the Late Middle Ages. He has held academic positions at Bethany College, Kansas, at the University of Cincinnati, at the Medieval Institute of the University of Notre Dame, and at Saint Louis University. His principal research interests focus on the history of magic, witchcraft, and superstition in Europe.
- Author(s)Michael D. Bailey
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2009
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Series TitleThe A to Z Guide Series
- Series Part/Volume Number77
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width142 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement77th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.