All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe electronic age has tethered children to keyboards and diminished active play, which is the corenerstone of healthy development. Flawed government policies and market-driven biases have igred developmentally appropriate practices to the detriment of our childrens' physical, cognitive, social, and emotional health. It is time to change course, for the benefit of our children and our society.
- Author BiographyWith nearly thirty-five years experience in the field of speech and language pathology, Marti Hanson has worked with parents, educators and children clinically. Recent trends in education, technology and parenting have significantly changed the circumstances of her practice. She has tracked the changes she sees in children's attitudes and competencies, parental discipline strategies, and educational practices. This book discusses the derailment of developmentally appropriate practices and suggests ways that we might regain a responsible course for the benefit of our children and for society at large. It will appeal to parents, high-school and college students interested in fileds related to child development, and to educators, psychologists, and pediatricians.
- Author(s)Martha Lindsey Hanson
- Date of Publication16/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dean Lindsey
- Photographer(s)David Hanson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.