All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBenjamin B. Weybrew has developed the ABC model of stress built upon a foundation of nearly three decades of stress research with nuclear submariners. With its contation as a fundamental or elementary principle of stress dynamics, the ABC model is based upon three basic concepts in learning and vector psychology: Antecedent conditions, Behavior, and Consequences. This model integrates Lewin's topological psychology with the major learning and perceptual theories. One of the major features of the book is the inclusion of preventive and therapeutic strategies for acute and chronic Patterns of Stress Reactivity or POSR. These intervention techniques have heuristic value for the researcher and teacher alike, while being described in language readily understood by the lay reader. To sum up, the ABC model of stress is based upon three basic facts of human behavior: (1) a person's behavior has a directional component symbolized by vectors in ABC; (2) these goal-directed vectors contain channelled energy; and (3) when this energy intersects environmental impediments or barriers (stressors) of differing degrees of permeability or inertia, then POSR of varying intensity are likely to occur. Stress management strategies are straightforward, beginning with the identification and ranking of stressors and then applying the most appropriate of the thirty-six intervention procedures described in the book. Suitable for all stress researchers and for psychologists who deal with the management of stress, as well as graduate students.
- Author BiographyBenjamin B. Weybrew, PhD, received his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Colorado and is a recently retired Associate Professor from the University of New Haven. He was head of the Psychiatric Screening Branch of the U.S. Naval Submarine Research Laboratory, New London, Connecticut, from 1952-79, and has published many review articles and research papers dealing with stress and related topics.
- Author(s)Benjamin B. Weybrew
- Date of Publication30/11/1992
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byEdward L. Beach
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.