All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis A-to-Z guide to human anatomy introduces kids to their bodies using medically correct termilogy. Written for children ages six through thirteen, The ABCs of You demystifies the medical lexicon, helps expand vocabularies, and offers a unique, kid-friendly window into how their bodies and minds function. Here, each letter of the alphabet stands for a selected anatomical, physiological, or philosophical concept that is summarized on a single page-with a corresponding illustration on the adjacent page. The book is meant for children to read with an adult present to answer questions as they arise-and they most certainly will. After all, The ABCs of You is meant to stimulate interest in the field of medicine. Children will be fascinated by the odd names of body parts like the frenulum, which connects the tongue to the floor of the mouth, and the zygomata, or cheekbones. They'll learn where these body parts are located and what they do-along with some fun facts and some healthy habits associated with them. Providing straight talk about body functions, including several items about the nervous system, The ABCs of You is infused with whimsy, humor, and most importantly, love.
- Author BiographyBorn in Minnesota, Randall J. Bjork, MD, grew up on a farm in North Dakota. He earned several degrees from the University of North Dakota before obtaining his medical degree from the University of Minnesota, where he completed his residency in neurology in 1984. He has authored scientific articles on neurology, has lectured on every continent except Antarctica, and currently practices at his clinic, Lotus Health, in suburban Denver. He enjoys riding his Harley with his son and brother and is an avid baseball fan, having once made a direct public offering to buy the Los Angeles Dodgers and move them back to Brooklyn. Though failing that, he did help Justin Timberlake expand his New York City barbecue restaurant concept west, establishing four locations in Denver and Colorado Springs. A recent esophageal cancer survivor, he took advantage of his treatment sabbatical to write this children's anatomy book.
- Author(s)Randall Bjork
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.