All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an overview of the social, ecomic, and political impact of AIDS around the world. The sudden appearance and rapid spread of AIDS has given birth to an ermous amount of literature. This volume summarizes recent writings about AIDS and provides a framework for thinking about the eventual consequences of this world-wide epidemic. As an interdisciplinary work, this text draws upon research from diverse fields, such as anthropology, demography, ecomics, epidemiology, history, political science, public health, social psychology, and sociology. The volume begins with a look at the spread of AIDS and its prevalence throughout the developing world. Special attention is given to AIDS in the United States in one chapter, and other chapters discuss the international response to AIDS, including public and government reactions.
- Author BiographyYOLE G. SILLS is a sociologist and researcher who served as a study director at Columbia University's Bureau of Applied Social Research and has been director of Interdisciplinary Studies at Ramapo College of New Jersey. She has produced several public television programs on AIDS and has conducted numerous research programs on the role of medicine in American society.
- Author(s)Yole G. Sills
- Date of Publication30/12/1993
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContributions in Medical Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 38.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight545 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.