All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide compiles the insights and experience of authors at the forefront of this expanding science to provide expert and professional perspectives that will enhance the relationship between a pet and its owner. Pet behavior, whether dogs, cats or rabbits, is affected by their ethology (the science of animal behavior) while it is also important to understand how learning and emotional response can govern their actions. Animal experts propose solutions to problem behavior in ground-breaking essays, as well as providing guidance on the relationship between pets and children (including the arrival of a new baby), rage syndrome in dogs, how to rehabilitate rescue dogs and cats, plus advice on legal and welfare issues.
- Author BiographyDavid Appleby has been a pet behavior counselor for 30 years, and teaches at a veterinary school. Among the contributors are Sarah Heath, a past president of the European Society for Veterinary Clinical Ethology, and Julie Bedford, head of Animal Behavior Services at the Blue Cross.
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2016
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content Note18 black and white photographs
- Weight408 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDavid Appleby
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.