Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn more than a century of senior football in Aberdeen, the Granite City has been entertained by hundreds of proud Dons stars. Aberdeen FC Who's Who profiles every one of the post-war players to have featured in competitive action for the first team as well as delving further into the past to examine a select band of the leading lights in the pre-war era. From the legends of the first championship victory in 1955 and the European Cup Winners' Cup victory in 1983 right through to the current squad on their trophy quest, the book charts the highs and lows encountered by more than 450 men to have graced Pittodrie from the 1940s through to the modern day. From in-depth features on the most illustrious characters in the history of the Dons to pen pictures of those who made the briefest of cameo appearances, supporters from every generation will have memories sparked by the stories behind every one of the names to have been woven into the fabric of their club in the most comprehensive record of Aberdeen players ever produced. Aberdeen FC Who's Who is packed with facts, statistics and pictures to make it a must-have title for every Reds supporter.
- Author BiographyPaul Smith covered his first Aberdeen match in 1996 as a reporter for The Courier newspaper and also served on the Sunday Post and Sporting Post. Having worked as a news reporter and editor in the weekly press, he joined the Press and Journal sports desk team in 2001 and covered the game from grass roots level up to the Scotland international team. As an author, previous football titles include The Legends of Aberdeen, Gothenburg Glory, Pittodrie Idols and Duncan Shearer's autobiography Shearer Wonderland. He now serves as head of photographic with the Press and Journal following promotion from the position of sports news editor in 2009.
- Author(s)Dr. Paul Smith,Paul Smith
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width216 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.