Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned literary great Eva Ibbotson delivers a final vel in her classic, much-loved style. A previously unpublished work from this favorite author, The Abominables follows a family of yetis who are forced, by tourism, to leave their home in the Himalayas and make their way across Europe to a possible new home. Siblings Con and Ellen shepherd the yetis along their eventful journey, with the help of Perry, a good-natured truck driver. Through a mountain rescue in the Alps and a bullfight in Spain, the yetis at last find their way to an ancestral estate in Englandonly to come upon a club of voracious hunters who have set their sights on the most exotic prey of all: the Abominable Swmen. Briskly funny and full of incident, The Abominables is vintage Ibbotson. With unforgettable characters and thoughtful messages about the environment and advocacy, it s a generous last gift to her many devoted fans. Praise for The AbominablesSTARRED REVIEWS A satiric farewell from a favorite author. --Kirkus Reviews, starred review A memorable finale to a treasured body of work. --Publishers Weekly, starred review The vel is full of whimsy, charm, and sly humor. The yetis will tug at readers heartstrings and make them laugh. The writing is lean, witty, and subtle. Ibbotson manages to touch on ethical messages of human rights, advocacy, and environmentalism without being obvious. --School Library Journal The writing is skillful, precise, and frequently funny, and it offers an effective counterbalance to some of the story s more serious social criticism... --Bulletin of The Center for Children s Books Readers will enjoy Ibbotson's final book. --Library Media Connection
- Author BiographyEva Ibbotson has long been a favorite of both children and adult readers on both sides of the Atlantic. Her novels include The Secret of Platform 13, Which Witch?, The Great Ghost Rescue, Island of the Aunt, Dial-a-Ghost, and Journey to the River Sea, which won the Smarties Prize. She died in 2010, in her home in Newcastle, England.
- Author(s)Eva Ibbotson
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width145 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Fiona Robinson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $15.61Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.