All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the topic of abortion continues to figure prominently in the public consciousness of many countries, The Abortion Debate in the World Arena addresses the development of abortion issues on a global level. Using extensive interviews, including discussions with heads of state and church, and original research in Kenya, Mexico and Poland, Andrzej Kulczycki examines how cultural history, women's movements, the Catholic Church and transnational influences have shaped abortion policies in those nations and beyond. Abortion is increasingly debated as societies become more pluralistic and open to external interests. States are finding it more difficult to contain the controversy and to reach an effective policy resolution. Written in an informative and accessible style, this timely study offers a fresh perspective on a major issue w unfolding on the world stage.
- Author BiographyANDRZEJ KULCZYCKI is Assistant Professor of Population Studies, American University of Beirut, Lebanon. He has earlier worked and completed his education in the School of Public Health, University of Michigan, following degrees from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the University of Durham. He has published on abortion and population issues in leading social science and health care journals.
- Author(s)Andrzej Kulczycki
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/03/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.