Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Absence of Color is a vel about four families that evolve together through tragic coincidences. It is the story of the power of opportunity and those who seize it. It is a vel about redemption and understanding; of the power of money and the sins of government. It is a story of finding oneself matter how arduous the search. It is a story of the aftermath of war and the milk of human kindness. It is the triumph of the human spirit against unlikely odds. It is also a story about unlikely friendships among twins of Anglo descent, an African-American teenager, a Mexican-American youth and a Japanese-American young man. It is this lasting bond of friendship, which personifies the landscape of the American people-the rich diversity of our citizens. Mostly, it is about the power of love and the many ways that love manifests itself. Set in Colorado during the decade of the 1950's and ending in 1960, it is a story about ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
- Author BiographyStephen Stroud is a native of Colorado. He is married to Mary Schonebaum and they have two children: Patricia and Michael. He lives with his wife in Centennial, Colorado.
- Author(s)Stephen Stroud
- Date of Publication05/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.