All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn THE ACCIDENTAL SUPERPOWER international strategist Peter Zeihan examines how geography, combined with demography and energy independence, is paving the way for one of the great turning points in history, and one in which America reasserts its global dominance. From a geographic standpoint, modern country has a greater network of internal waterways, a greater command of deepwater navigation, or a firmer hold on industrialization techlogies than America. Such factors have been historically significant in the success of past world powers, from the Ottoman Empire's control of the Danube, to England's mastery of the seas, to Germany's industrial infrastructure. Zeihan goes on to show how modern demographics have distorted, with America w the only developed country with eugh young adults to maintain both ecomic growth and capital generation beyond 2020. Finally, THE ACCIDENTAL SUPERPOWER explores shale oil and its surprising key role t only in America's move towards energy independence but also how it will shape (and is already shaping) American power for the next twenty years.
- Author BiographyPeter Zeihan launched his own firm, Zeihan on Geopolitics, in 2012 after working for twelve years with the geopolitical analysis firm Stratfor, where he was Vice President of Analysis.
- Author(s)Peter Zeihan
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date22/11/2016
- Content Note20 b/w images throughout
- Weight600 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.