All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Accordionist's Son by Bernardo Atxaga: The most accomplished vel to date by an internationally celebrated writers (Bookforum), w in paperback.David Imaz has spent many years living in exile in California, far from his native Basque Country. Nearing fifty and in failing health, he begins to write the story of his youth, a sweeping narrative that spans 1936 to 1999. As a young man, David divides his time between his uncle's ranch and his life in the village of Obaba, where he practices the accordion at his father's insistence all in the shadow of the Spanish Civil War. Letters found in a hotel attic, along with a silver pistol, lead David to unravel his family's involvement in both sides of the conflict.
- Author BiographyBernardo Atxaga was born in Gipuzkoa, Spain, in 1951 and lives in the Basque country, writing in Basque and Spanish. He is a prizewinning novelist and poet whose books include Obabakoak, The Lone Man, and The Lone Woman.
- Author(s)Bernardo Atxaga
- PublisherGraywolf Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleLannan Translation Selection (Graywolf Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraywolf Press
- Weight572 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.